Friday, September 14, 2007

Warung "Riris" Kampung Sundanese Dish

This is one of out favourite place to have lunch, a Typical Sundanese “lesehan” small restaurant in west of Jakarta, if you drive from Jakarta to Tangerang via Tol Road, exit on Serpong Gate, drive straight through BSD City you will reach BSD Junction, go straight to Belatinos and The Green Cluster, go any further you’ll reach outer section of BSD City, until you reach Pertamina Gass station on your left side, you’ll find a small “Warung” called “Kedai Riris” or “Riris Café” next few houses from it.



It’s a humble place with several “Indoor lesehan”, but recently they build several lesehan on the backyard as extention. Seems that their business is going well, eh? They put all the dishes in a single “Indoor-foodstall” so that we may pick what we like. Our Favourite are "Oncom-leunca", "Tumis Genjer", "Pepes Ikan Peda", "Oseng teri daun pepaya", and standard poulty meat – "ayam goreng" for our kidz, and for me, I allways looking for “Daun Sintrong”, a fresh green leaves who has a bit sour aroma, but very nice to consume, my wife prefer to have "Green Terong" as her favourite "lalap".



For somebody who like traditional pedestrian food, it is a worth place to try, but remember, the place is a bit far for they who do not have their own cars.

Sundanese Food is one of my Favourite, it’s quiet surprise since I came from Semarang (Jawa) but I prefer to have Sundanese rather than Javanese dish that taste “to sweet” in my tounge, some people says because of my wife influence ……. Maybe they right, previously I do not like vegetables on my dish, but then ….. now, It’s very hard to eat without something green and fresh mix with a bit “sambal” on my plate.

1 comment:

Xlylith said...

Wah mantabb pak...
Aku tak nggawe sing versi waroenk soeroboyo :-))
After riyayan tapi...

-YTK-