Sunday, December 16, 2007

Layar Resto @ Surabaya

Just came back from Surabaya few days ago from Official duty that make me stay for several days there. Frankly speak I do not really like to be here, probably because of the climate and the environment, for me it is similar like Kelapa Gading in North Jakarta to me but much-much larger.





But then, once it comes to the food discussion, Surabaya has lot of mouthwatering dish that makes me forget everything about undesirable from the city. I’ve been invited by one of my business associate to have dinner and he brings us to “Layar Seafood Restaurant” Somewhere near Golden City mall and Carrefour in west Surabaya.





It’s a typical Chinese seafood restaurant like Sarang Kepiting, Rasane or Saung Green Ville, we arrived there around 7.30 and very-very crowded during this prime dine hour. We have to wait for at least 30 minutes to sit on one of the table. Then, we start order, “Kepiting Telor asin”, “Kerapu Tim ala Hongkong”, “Baronang Bakar”, “Udang Windu Bakar”, “Kerang kampak cah Tausi”, “Kailan Cah Bawang Putih”, “Cah Daun Ginseng” we made fun with one of the colleague that currently become a “temporer bachelor” since his wife is studying in Japan for years and make him stay away from this “Ginseng leaves”, quiet funny …………





In Overall these are a good food, “Telor asin” was made such a way that made it melted on top of the prime-crabs, very delicious, The Steam Fish is perfect …….. As expected, BBQs is good and the big Axe Clam is very tasty, a bit slimy but delicious. It is a mixed between “Oyster and Pau Hie” and very big.

This is a good meal after all, and I will recommend to everybody who wants to go to Surabaya to have a nice dine in there.

I heard that they open their branch in Jakarta, somewhere in Jl. Juanda, need to find it someday.

My God! Its start to make me hungry again while I write down this report.

Resto Profile:
Layar Seafood
Jl. Raya Bukit Mas 109 Surabaya
Phone: 031 5683716

1 comment:

gourmetpigs said...

When I was writing my own post on Layar (http://tinyurl.com/3jfjcy), I came across yours!
Makes me happy to find a fellow Indonesian blogging about Indo restaurants! :D